John was educated at a preparatory school and the City of London School, and at Guy's Hospital - entering in October 1905, he took the diplomas of M.R.C.S. and L.R.C.P. in 1910 and graduated M.B., B.S.(Lon) in 1913. He then held appointments as assistant House Surgeon, and house-surgeon to Sir Alfred Fripp, an Out-Patient Officer, obstetric resident, Anaesthetist to the hospital, and resident medical officer of Bright ward at Guy’s. In 1915 he went into practice in partnership with Robert and the late Arthur Tilbury, R.A.M.C. at Catford, whilst also holding the appointment of chief clinical assistant in the ear and throat department at Guy’s. In May, 1916, he was given a commission in the R.A.M.C, and served first on an ambulance train in France. He was then transferred to the 60th Field Ambulance and remained with them until the time of his death. He was killed whilst attending to wounded under heavy shell fire at an advanced Dressing Station. John was the younger son of John Adamson Edmond and Margaret Phillips Edmond of London; and the husband of Anna Edmond of 34 Delaware Mansions, Maida Vale, London.